6 Lessons from 2018. (so far)
Can't believe we are already in the second half of 2018. What a year!
I have to say, these have been months full of ups and downs, reminders, lessons, closings and first time experiences. From oversaturating myself with work, leaving my personal life somewhere in a corner, being fired from my job, heartbroken and near bankrupcy...to starting a project with a NLP Coach, taking back my job now part-time, closing cycles with people and getting a Certification as a NLP Master Practitioner, among other experiences. Pffff!
I truly believe everything happens for a reason and you can either be a victim of circumstances, letting life happen to you or find the lesson behind the experience to keep moving you forward.
I have decided to go for the second option, and that's how I have come up with these six life lessons that I am now sharing with you in hopes of giving you more perspective whatever you are going through right now.
1. Never, under any circumstance, compromise your dreams, your health, your loved ones, who you are and who you want to become. Never compromise them for people or things that aren’t in alignment with you. And if you do so, take full responsibility on that. Yes, give 100% of you in every situation and to everyone around you, but make sure you have a clear intention of what you are doing, and set healthy boundaries and expectations.
2. Always act from a place of love and gratitude, rather than from a place of ego and victimhood. And make sure your motivation comes from within.
3. Take away all the labels: You are not a position, you are not a company, you are not a last name, you are not a degree, and you are not the expectations from those around you. Instead live and make decisions according to your core values. What is important to you? Freedom? Family? Adventure? Fun? Courage? Integrity? Honesty? Expression?
4. Welcome and embrace change into your life. Let go of what doesn’t serve you anymore, so you can open up to new opportunities. Since change is, in my opinion, the only constant in life, redesigning is key.
5. Have a vision for your life. Have a vision for who you want to become, what you want, how much you want to earn, with whom you want to relate, where you want to live and so on. When a vision is bigger enough, circumstances aren’t seen as good or bad, but rather as necessary parts of the journey towards it.
6. Do not take things personally, what others think, say or do is never about you. Be open to feedback, but take it for what it is: information that may or may not contribute to your path, it is always your choice. Life is about creating yourself. Your dreams matter. YOU matter.
What lessons have you learnt so far in 2018?